- BS Chemistry – University of Illinois 2003
- PhD Pharmacology – University of Illinois 2010
- DVM – University of Illinois 2014
- Internship – BluePearl Veterinary Partners Chicago 2014-2015
- Oncology Internship – Washington State University 2015-2016
- Residency – Washington State University 2016-2019
- Veterinary Cancer Society
- American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine
- American Animal Hospital Association
- American Chemical Society
Dr. Song has particular interest in lower urinary tract cancer and osteosarcoma as well as in the molecular biology of cancer. Along with systemic conventional chemotherapy, she has an interest in localized therapies, including electrochemotherapy and radiation therapy. Dr. Song seeks to provide therapeutic options that are best for both the pet as well as the entire family, with the understanding that one treatment plan does not fit all situations!
Prior to veterinary school, Dr. Song completed her PhD degree which focused on the study of cancer in humans. With her training in basic sciences and her study of the molecular biology of cancer, it was only natural that she pursued oncology as a veterinary specialty.
Dr. Song is originally from the Chicago area and is excited to discover Seattle with her dog Pippa through its wonderful restaurants, wineries, mountains, and waterfront!