Sarah M. Schmid
- BS Biochemistry – University of Wisconsin-Madison 2010
- DVM – University of Wisconsin-Madison 2014
- Internship – University of Pennsylvania 2014-2015
- Residency – University of Tennessee 2015-2018
Board Certification(s) if applicable
- Diplomate, American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine (Small Animal Internal Medicine)
Memberships / Affiliations
- American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA)
- Comparative Gastroenterology Society (CGS)
Dr. Schmid enjoys diagnostic puzzles and the challenge of managing the whole patient. Her specialist interests include gastrointestinal disease, hepatobiliary disease, kidney disease, and interventional procedures. She also has a passion for teaching, which she shares through giving continuing education lectures to the veterinary community and mentoring young veterinary professionals.
Dr. Schmid has two adventurous cats, Penny and Koda, who have traveled with her across the country during her academic pursuits. Dr. Schmid spends her free time hiking, biking, kayaking, and painting.